Are you tired of eating delicious, full-flavored whole foods that are good for you? Neither are we! We are blessed to be members of an amazing network called NANP: National Association of Nutritional Professionals. Here’s a wonderful recipe shared by fellow member and our good friend Christine Wokowsky, CN, BCHN, CGP.
Dreamy Creamy Pistachio Squares
12 pitted Medjool dates
1/3 cup raw pistachios, pulverized in food processor till they are like a flour
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tsp hemp seeds
1/2 tsp spirulina powder
2 ripe avocados
1/2 cup raw cashews (or pistachios)
1/4 cup pistachio milk, or other nut or seed milk
1 tbsp raw honey (or maple syrup)
1/2 tsp spiraling powder
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
little bit of lime juice to help against oxidation – maybe 1/4 tsp
crushed raw pistachios
crushed raw cacao nibs
To Make The Crust
1. Add the pistachio “flour” (that you made from pulverizing the pistachios in a food processor)
and other ingredients and process till everything comes together. It will more than likely form
a sticky ball at the end. The texture should be smooth and sticky. If the paste is too dry add
a few more dates.
2. Press firmly and evenly into the bottom of a parchment lined 8×8 inch pan. I oil my hands a
tiny bit with coconut oil so it doesn’t stick to my hands. Make sure the paper comes up over
the top as this will help you lift it out of the pan. In the corners I use scotch tape to keep the
corners smooth with no creases.
3. Set in fridge while you are doing the rest.
To Make The Filling
1. Place all of the filling ingredients into your blender (or food processor) and blend till smooth
2. Spread the filling evenly onto your crust. Top with some crushed pistachios and nibs.
3. Put back in fridge and let harden for 3-4 hours.
4. Take it out and lift it out of the pan. Slice into squares and enjoy! This is very rich and filling
so you might want to make the squares small.
5. These can be frozen as well.
To Your Radiant Health,