All Stress, whether emotional or physical, activates a wide array of behavioral and physiological responses that are collectively referred to as the Stress Response System. A controlled initial adaptive response allows one to regain homeostasis and balance. A maladaptive response induces uncontrolled responses that can trigger abnormalities in the 5 Principal Regulatory Systems of the body comprised of:
- Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenocortical Axis (HPA) System
- Catecholaminergic system
- Cholinergic and Serotonergic NT Systems
- Immune and reproductive system
- Inflammatory System
The HPA System (in Homeostasis) has profound inhibitory effect on the inflammatory system by decreasing production of proinflammatory cytokines. An uncontrolled response (maladaptive response) triggers (Activates) the Inflammatory System, downregulating the Regulatory Systems by upsetting (by binding receptors) the feedback systems in the HPA.
HPA Axis dysfunction is not currently evaluated nor connected to CFS and FM patients. Recent research clearly connects HPA axis responses to the symptoms experienced by these patient groups (101, 104). Additionally, interventions providing symptomatic improvement in patients with FM and CFS affect the HPA axis.
There are related major symptomatic manifestations of pain, fatigue, sleep disturbance, and psychological distress (100). Since many of these symptoms are present in other syndromes that exhibit HPA axis disturbances, we suggest a paradigm exists between the dynamic functions of the HPA Axis and the clinical manifestations of FM, CFS and other chronic diseases.
Baseline Endocrine Salivary Testing
Saliva collection is simple and non-invasive. It can be performed in the privacy of your home. The sample is sent by mail to our laboratory. The results will be sent to Straight Nutrition within 14 working days following receipt of the sample. The samples require no special handling for shipment. There are specific Salivary Testing Panels available for cycling women, non-cycling women, men, and retesting.
Included in the price of your panel is a findings consultation that will be scheduled after we receive your test. The consultation will include your baseline finding, meal plan, and what custom cremes and other supplementation will be needed for nutritional balance.
Our labs custom formulate individualized nutritional crèmes that utilize natural ingredients and do not contain parabens. A cream supplement is easily to use and delivered more effectively than by oral delivery.
The Hormone Rejuvenation ™ Service Includes:
- You will complete a symptom survey and make a FREE symptom survey appointment
- You Provide us with your vitals, height, weight, and primary concerns
- At our appointment we will review these hormone testing options based on your symptoms
- Our lab will mail your test kit directly to you with a return shipping package and label
- Follow instructions in the kit to complete your saliva test
- Make a Report of Findings appointment and receive your Hormone Rejuvenation Report. A report of nutritional findings, meal-planning, and nutritional supplementation suggestions are discussed in person or on the phone.